Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday T-Town!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.....I could keep them coming but I guess you guys get the point. Today is a great day...it is the birthday of one, Miss Takiyah Jackson. If you don't know her, you are missing out. If you do, well then, you know how amazing she is. Last night I was fortunate enough to celebrate her birthday with her and her closest friends. She decided that she wanted to make this birthday special and throw a charity event. My foundation, The Melissa Erickson Foundation, was the lucky beneficiary. She really went all out for this event. Not only did she rent out an amazing location, Sole Repair, but she had a DJ, food, full bar, picture booth, slide show, raffle, trivia contest, and the AMAZING Choklate perform live. If you haven't heard of Choklate, you are really missing out. Her soulful voice and inspiring lyrics are smooth and melodic. She is a local woman who has garnered international attention and affection.

The love I felt last night was immeasurable. Takiyah's heart is huge! She is beautiful inside and out and I am honored to call her my friend. It was definitely a night to remember. I didn't get a chance to take pictures so hopefully I will be getting some from all of you photags out there *wink*.




THANKS AGAIN TAKIYAH...I LOVE YA!

No comments: